Shillong Teer” is a traditional archery-based lottery game that is popular in the Indian state of Meghalaya, particularly in the city of Shillong. The word “teer” translates to “arrow” in Hindi, and the game is named after the practice of archers shooting arrows at a target.
Here’s how Shillong Teer typically works:
- Archery Competition: Shillong Teer is essentially an archery competition that takes place in Shillong, usually in the afternoon. Skilled archers participate in this competition, and it is conducted under the supervision of the Meghalaya State Teer Association.
- Two Rounds: The game consists of two rounds of archery. In the first round, archers shoot arrows at a target of numbers from 1 to 80. In the second round, they do the same. The targets are usually large wooden boards.
- Betting: People who want to participate in Shillong Teer place bets on specific numbers or combinations of numbers for both rounds. They can bet on single numbers or various other options, such as the sum of the numbers from both rounds.
- Results: After each round Shillong Teer Common Numbers of archery, the winning numbers are determined based on where the arrows hit the target. For example, if an arrow hits the target at number 35 in the first round and number 42 in the second round, the winning number for that round is “35” for the first round and “42” for the second round.
- Payouts: Payouts are based on the odds and the specific type of bet placed. Different betting options have different payout rates.
Shillong Teer has gained popularity not only as a traditional archery sport but also as a form of lottery or gambling. It is regulated by the Meghalaya government, and the results are closely monitored to ensure fairness. The game has become a significant part of the local culture and economy, attracting both participants and bettors.
It’s important to note that while Shillong Teer is a legal and regulated activity in Meghalaya, it involves gambling and should be approached with caution. Players should be aware of the rules and regulations governing the game and should only participate responsibly.